Thursday, February 21, 2013

Made My Day

Last night I was so exhausted but I didn't fall asleep until after midnight because I could not get comfortable. Once I got to sleep I had to keep waking up to pee, half the time with my eyes shut because I was so tired.  I woke up early to see Scott before he went to work and then out of town and cleaned and finally took an hour nap.  It has been a long night and long day.  Scott asked me to run some errands that took me 3 hours and I was just exhausted and kinda grumpy and emotional.  When I left the University Mall, one of Kenny Rogers song came on the radio,Through the Years. This song has always made me emotional because when I was little I used to watch my Papa's funeral video all the time and it is just a good song.  So on my drive back to the American Fork Home Depot, I just cried through the whole song.  If you don't know the song look it up.  So I went to Home Depot and on my way to Scott's work I stopped by Burger King because I was starving.  I am waiting in the drive-thru line and when I got to the window the worker said "the lady in front of you paid for your meal and wants you to have the change, which was 4 dollars.  I was shocked.  I teared up a little.  This stranger made my day.  The girls in the window asked if I knew her and I said no and I have never had someone do that for me and I was having a rough day and she just made my day.

When I left Burger King I was still blown away.  When I got to Scott's work I cried because this lady has no idea how she made my day.  Scott was all "you don't look haggard".  I was like I was just sitting in my car with my head against the head rest but she either saw that I looked tired or she had a feeling I was having a rough day but whatever it was she paid for my lunch and I am so thankful for that sweet act of kindness.  I just broke down and Scott just smiled at me.  Scott asked what was wrong and I just said I was so tired and that was so sweet and that I was going to miss him this weekend.  He smiled and said babe I am going to miss you too.  I think he was trying to not talk to much because I make that strong man emotional : )  he loves me for it.  Scott then told me that he was thankful for me running errands for him and told me to give him a hug.  I love being in his arms.  After seeing Scott my day turned around.  I am still exhausted but the lady at burger king and being in my husbands arms made me realize how blessed I am.  

Scott is so good to me.  I love you Scott!!  I am very blessed.  I have had lots of trials in my life and will continue to have them but with Scott by my side I know I can get through any of them.  I would not change a thing. I love being pregnant, even when I don't get sleep.  I love being married to my sweet husband.  Scott and I just purchased 8 acres with a small house and Scott has a lot of work ahead of him to make the house something we could live in but I know he can do it and will make that little house a home for our growing family.  We have a lot of exciting things happening this year and I am glad Scott will be by my side for it all.  He is my best friend and love of my life.  I am blessed!

I can't believe tomorrow I will be 32 weeks.  I am loving all the support from family and friends.  I have started getting bigger baby items from family in the mail and it has really hit me that the baby is almost here.  I AM SO EXCITED.  I love waking up to packages on my door step.  I can't wait for my baby showers as well.  I still have a lot of stuff I need for the baby before she comes.  Thank you to everyone who has sent us stuff thus far.  We are blessed to have such good people in our life.  Also, Scott's cousin pointed out that in my last blog it sounded like I had gestational diabetes but I don't.  I was surprised to be honest but I am so thankful that I don't have to worry about gestational diabetes.  My doctor said my results from my test were amazing and that I was healthy.  

I love random acts of kindness.
I love my husband!
I love my family and friends.

I am very blessed!  Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment