Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stockings for the first time since 2000

Christmas 2000 was the last Christmas we had stockings up until now.  When my sister passed away December 16, 2001, my family still hadn't put up stockings and it was to hard on all of us especially my parents to put them up.  So every year after we just never put them up.  It just wasn't the same.  When we were younger we all decorated our stockings with glitter.  My mom would buy glue and glitter shakers.  I loved it.  So this year I put up stockings and that is what I did.  It is a good memory and something so simple.  I don't need a 10 dollar stocking.  I just need a cheap stocking, glitter, and glue.
I love Christmas!  I really do.  It is still a hard time though.  I am constantly thinking about my sister and the fun times we had.  I remember this one time, we shared a bedroom, and she told me I couldn't come on her side of the room.  Well her side of the room had the door to leave the room.  so she made me a pathway.  haha.  I have so many fun memories with her.  I just wish I had more.  But I am grateful for the ones I have.  Man I miss my sister so much and December will always bring back those feelings that my sister is no longer here. I am grateful for religion and that I know I will see her again but it is still hard.  I miss her so much!  December 16th will be 10 years!  10 years!  I can't believe it.  I am so grateful for my family and for Scott.  I can't wait to go home and see my family.

Family and friends, please remember to love those you are with.  I know they can drive you crazy but enjoy the little things and the big.  Smile, laugh, say sorry, drive safe,  and I know there will be Christmas parties coming up,  please don't drink and drive.  The ones who are drinking are at risk and so are the innocent people on the road!  Please be smart!

1 comment:

  1. Think of her always. Especially this time of year! So grateful for the gospel and that we will see her again :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete