Sunday, October 30, 2011

End of October

This month has been so busy!  My mom was in town for a week, I sold a butt load of potatoes, which also included multiple trips to Circleville during the week, and then my parents came into town this past week as well.  I have a new calling at church.  Scott and I are released from our CTR 5 class and I got called into a stake position as an assistant in the womens' sports program.  Right now we are at the end of our volleyball season.  It is tournament time, double elimination, before regions.  Hopefully we make it to regions.

I can't believe it is almost November!  This time of year is always so busy.  Thanksgiving in Circleville this year and Christmas in CALI!!!  I am so excited to have Christmas at home and my grandparents house.  It is an alllll day event!  I mean we get to my grandparents house at about 7:30 in the morning for a huge breakfast then go home around 10, then we all come back around 2 or 3 and leave around midnight haha.  I am excited.  I will also be flying home for December 16th.  I can't believe my sister has been gone for 10 years this December.  I miss her so much.  People always say it gets easier, and it does in a way, but I still miss her so much.  I am glad I have Scott by my side because I do still have my break downs.  I always just wonder who she would be.  Who would she be married too?  Would she have kids? How many?  Where would she live?  This time of the year is especially hard.  I am so glad I am close to my family.  They mean the world to me!  I am also glad I married into a good family.  I am pretty blessed and I am very thankful every day!

So this month I have bought drapes for my house. I still need to hem and iron them.



 Also my dad brought me part of our entertainment center I asked him to build.  He is awesome!  He made this in a day.  He is still going to make bookshelves and then a top where we will put our dvd player and cable box.  When he got to Utah I helped him sand it down and then Scott and I helped him stain it all.  It was so much fun and it looks so good! I told him he needs to sell his work.  He likes to do more custom stuff for people so here is free advertising.  He does some awesome stuff!

This is also a new addition to our living room.  It is called "The Elk Hunter"  aka scott!  When I saw it i just had to get it.  Hopefully next year he will get one. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment